- Do not play with matches, as the lingering sulphur smell makes it pretty clear to Mom that someone was doing something they shouldn’t be doing. Result – Time out!
- If you hit first, you are likely to be hit back. Result – Pain from being hit and a spanking from the parents.
- Do not lie, as there will always be something that trips you up and Dad will figure it out. Result – Grounded!
- Do not try to dye your hair blonde and then reverse it back to brown in the same day. Result – Your hair will not survive.
- Do not speed. Particularly, after your father has told you that your license will be removed if you do. Result – License removed for 30 days!
Recently, a national magazine was looking for readers to respond with thought-provoking articles on a major life-lesson learned. It caused me to sit back a moment and try to think about the most important lesson I have learned in my life. Over my 61 years, I have learned many lessons: